The Delusional Left
It's always important to keep things in proper perspective. That is particularly important as the nation grapples with the fallout from the novel coronavirus, which has infected 100 Americans and killed six people. Sadly, more people died last night from the tornadoes that ripped through Tennessee.
But just so you know, the yearly flu has already infected at least 32 million Americans, caused 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths.
The left's delusional reaction to the coronavirus is more of a public threat than the virus itself. Seriously, friends, let's just look at how the left has responded to this crisis.
- When President Trump imposed travel restrictions on China, the left accused him of xenophobia. Yesterday, Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the nation's top medical experts, said that the travel restrictions "bought us time and space" to combat the virus.
- When the president created the Coronavirus Task Force, the left complained that it was "too white" and "too male."
- The left accused the president of muzzling medical experts. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the long-time director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told reporters over the weekend, "I've never been muzzled and I've been doing this since Reagan."
- The left accused the president of calling the coronavirus a "hoax." Even liberal fact checkers have rejected that accusation as false.
- The left accused the president of gutting the budgets of vital health-related agencies. That too was false.
- The left even mocked the administration for praying, which is what decent people do.
Once again, it's obvious that the left views everything -- yes, even a virus -- through a warped, ideological lens. Just think about that for a moment.
If there's a potentially dangerous virus spreading around the world, the left would refuse to secure the borders. It would demand that experience and expertise take a back seat to racial quotas. It would lie about basic facts, and mock people for seeking God's wisdom and mercy.
Is that really the kind of government we want? Just something to remember in November.
By the way, a recent Gallup survey found that 77% of Americans are confident in the government's ability to address the coronavirus situation. That confidence level is significantly higher than previous outbreaks involving the bird flu, the swine flu and Ebola.
Assaulting Your Rights
Did you catch Michael Bloomberg on the Fox News town hall last night? I'm not sure why Fox gave him a platform for his far-left views, but I was pleased to see one of the attendees blast Bloomberg for his hypocrisy.
Bloomberg is known for bankrolling radical anti-Second Amendment efforts around the country. Those efforts have elected hundreds of far-left Democrats. Yet, the former mayor travels with an armed security detail. The questioner pointedly asked Bloomberg, "Does your life matter more than mine or my family's?"
Bloomberg's response was dripping with condescension and entitlement. He made it clear that he was worth far more than the questioner, and as a former politician he does get death threats.
But he claimed that the only restrictions he supports are laws to prevent the sale of firearms "to people with psychiatric problems, criminals or people [who] are minors."
Well, there are already laws on the books to address all those things. But stopping kids from buying guns has nothing to do with the radical left-wing agenda he's funding and enabling.
Michael Bloomberg is no "moderate." He's just another lying left-wing politician.
What About Fox?
It is really irritating to see that Fox News has joined every other media outlet in labeling Bernie Sanders as "left-wing" while describing his primary opponents as "moderate."
I heard it last night as Fox covered Biden's Texas rally with Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar and Beto O'Rouke.
As I have noted before, but it evidently bears repeating, there's NOTHING moderate about any of these Democrats.
All of them support Obamacare or some form of government-run healthcare.
All of them support abortion on demand.
All of them support the demands of the radical homosexual/transgender movement.
All of them support open borders. Even free healthcare for illegal aliens.
All of them support the radical Green New Deal.
None of them are "moderate." And you don't have to take my word for it.
- This media analysis found that Joe Biden's platform is more liberal than Hillary Clinton's.
- The Washington Post editorial board recently declared, "No, Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden are not 'centrists.'"
- Axios wrote that Biden and Buttigieg "have taken positions to the left of Barack Obama — illuminating the liberal drift of the entire party."
Speaking of Fox News, I assume the network will be canceling Donna Brazile's contract after her outrageous outbursts today. During a segment on Super Tuesday, Brazile repeatedly told RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel to "go to hell." Fox would never tolerate any conservative commentator talking to Brazile that way.
Speaking Of Elections. . .
Israelis went to the polls yesterday for their third national election in less than a year. While ballots are still being counted, initial results look promising for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
A spokesman for Netanyahu's Likud Party told reporters, "The country had its say. The people want a nationalist government under Netanyahu." At the moment, the conservative-religious bloc appears to control 58 seats in the Knesset, just shy of the 61 votes needed to form a government.
Getting Tough On China
Yesterday, the Trump Administration imposed a cap on the number of employees that five of China's state-owned propaganda outlets could have in the U.S. As a result of this employee limit, 60 Chinese nationals are effectively being expelled.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said, "As we have done in other areas of the U.S.-China relationship, we seek to establish a long-overdue level playing field. . . We urge the Chinese government to immediately uphold its international commitments to respect freedom of expression, including for members of the press."
As Secretary Pompeo noted, the Trump Administration is aggressively rebalancing our relationship with China. And the American people are noticing. For the first time in decades, more Americans now see the United States, not China, as the world's leading economic power.
President Trump is making America great again!