The Assault On Faith
There are many well-meaning Americans who just want our politics to go back to a simpler time -- when we agreed on fundamental issues and could compromise in the middle on minor issues. Some people think Joe Biden represents a return to such a time. But that's not going to happen.
Donald Trump did not cause the divisions in America. Trump was elected by half of America because of the divisions. Our side chose him as a leader who would fight the left. Those divisions won't go away if Trump leaves public life, which I hope and pray he will not do.
While there are many fundamental issues that most Americans can agree on, it is the left that has come to despise much of what most Americans believe, especially on matters of faith. And the left won't stop attacking those values.
For example, we reported last week about a document that the Secular Democrats of America sent to the Biden transition team. This document calls for an all-out assault on the values most Americans cherish.
- It accuses conservative Christians of providing "constant cover for white supremacy." That charge is utterly absurd, but it shows the left has no intention of compromising since no one could be expected to compromise with "white supremacy."
- It calls on Biden to counter "inaccurate and revisionist messaging around our nation's founding." In other words, it wants Biden to embrace the inaccurate and revisionist messaging of the 1619 Project.
- It denounces the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision that defended the religious liberty of private institutions from government intrusion.
- It demands the repeal of the 1993 Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which passed the Senate 97 to 3. Think about that for a second!
- It calls on Biden to "dismantle" the Religious Liberty Task Force at the Justice Department and the Religious Freedom Division at the Department of Health and Human Services.
- It demands that "religious schools be required to teach curricula in accordance with national secular standards."
- It demands that faith-based organizations lose federal tax dollars if they adhere to their religious principles.
- It demands that states be forced to repeal "all nonmedical (religious) exemptions to mandatory vaccinations."
- It demands the repeal of restrictions on federally funded fetal-tissue research.
- It demands the appointment of an attorney general who will support emergency COVID declarations targeting houses of worship.
- It demands that the IRS resume enforcement of the Johnson Amendment and that Congress "pass legislation that would strengthen enforcement of the Johnson Amendment." In other words, more IRS meddling in churches to further muzzle our pastors.
- It demands the appointment of "humanist and nontheist" military chaplains.
- It demands the repeal of our national motto, "In God We Trust," and urges Biden to avoid the phrase "Judeo-Christian values."
This is what we are fighting against, my friends. No matter what happens on January 20, the radical left's assault on our cherished values will continue.
Please, help me fight back! Stand with me now!
First Lee, Then Lincoln
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, who thinks it's okay to let babies die if they survive late-term abortions, marshalled his moral authority to remove the statue of Robert E. Lee from Congress's Statutory Hall because Lee fought on the side of the Confederacy.
But if you think about it, Northam actually shares a lot in common with Lee. Both abortion and slavery were built on the evil idea that whole classes of human beings – unborn children and black slaves – were not made in the image of God and were not people protected by our founding documents.
Meanwhile on the Left Coast, a San Francisco high school named after Abraham Lincoln is being stripped of that name.
It wasn't that long ago when Donald Trump warned that attacks on statues of Robert E. Lee would lead to attacks on Washington and Jefferson. He was right.
The left's attack on America began with a weak point – the Confederate flag and other symbols of the Confederacy. But it has quickly turned into an attack on the American flag and on all of American history.
The attack on Lee has turned into attacks on Lincoln, whose generals defeated Lee and the Confederacy. The left's real target was always the Stars and Stripes and a place called America.
Last week, Vice President Mike Pence took the COVID vaccine live on national television. Many left-wing commentators mocked him as the guy who presided over 300,000 deaths.
What he really presided over was the production of a vaccine in record time, produced by capitalist companies that will benefit people all over the world!
Incredibly, many of these same commentators also attacked President Trump for not getting the vaccine yet and for failing to set the example for the rest of the country. So Pence is wrong for getting the vaccine and Trump is wrong for not getting it.
President Trump saw this coming. Back in the summer he said, "I'd take it first or I'd take it last. Either way I lose on that one."
Meanwhile, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who put sick patients in New York's nursing homes, had the audacity to say that Santa will be very good to him because he's worked so hard this year!
New Strain, No Worries
The media have been hyperventilating lately about a new strain of COVID-19 emerging in Great Britain that is reportedly far more contagious. Here's what you need to know:
- It's not new. Experts have been monitoring this mutation for months. It has only now just become the dominant strain in England.
- There were similar reports about mutating COVID strains in Houston this summer.
- Virus mutations are natural, and there is no evidence that the British mutation is any more serious or more deadly. In fact, the mutation could be good news as it is normal for viruses to become more contagious and less lethal as they run their course.
- U.S. experts believe that the COVID vaccines will likely be effective against "any variant" of the virus.