"Coup Has Started"
Mark Zaid is not a household name. Not yet at least. But you're probably going to hear a lot about him in the days ahead. Zaid is one of the lawyers representing the CIA leaker who colluded with Adam Schiff's staffers on the House Intelligence Committee to trigger the impeachment of President Trump.
As we noted in yesterday's report, Donald Trump, Jr., named the alleged "whistleblower" in a tweet yesterday -- Eric Ciaramella. But I want to focus on Mr. Zaid.
Fox News has examined Zaid's social media accounts and discovered a startling degree of hostility toward the president that began from the very beginning of Trump's administration. Consider these few examples:
- On January 30, 2017, reacting to news that President Trump had fired Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, an Obama holdover, Zaid tweeted this: "#coup has started. First of many steps. #rebellion. #impeachment will follow ultimately."
- Zaid repeated his threat of a coup the same day in response to Trump naming Yates' replacement, tweeting: "#coup has started. As one falls, two more will take their place. #rebellion #impeachment."
- In May, Zaid tweeted about past presidential impeachments: "Johnson (1868), Nixon (1973), Clinton (1998) impeachment hearings. Next up @realDonaldTrump (2017)."
- A few weeks later, he commented on Watergate, tweeting: "45 years from now we might be recalling stories regarding the impeachment of @realDonaldTrump. I'll be old, but will be worth the wait."
- On July 1, 2017, Zaid wrote that he'd rather be in Canada: "Since Jan 20th, I would much rather be in Canada. What a great country! We'll be great again when @realDonaldTrump leaves."
- Responding the same day to another anti-Trump progressive, Zaid tweeted: "It's very scary. We will get rid of [Trump], and this country is strong enough to survive even him and his supporters. We have to."
- A few days later, on July 4th, Zaid tweeted: "I predict @CNN will play a key role in @realDonaldTrump not finishing out his full term as president."
Notice how Zaid's contempt extends beyond Donald Trump and includes "his supporters." You know, those 63 million "deplorable and irredeemable" Americans.
Fox News adds that Zaid shamelessly pitched his anti-Trump efforts to left-wing Hollywood celebrities, including Cher, Debra Messing and Rob Reiner.
He even attempted to offer his services to -- wait for it -- Michael Avenatti of Julie Swetnick fame. As you may recall, Avenatti is currently facing trial for defrauding his clients and attempting to extort Nike. I think that speaks volumes about Zaid's credibility.
Zaid's call for a "coup" and "rebellion" should not be dismissed. This should be a huge story. It should be reported as such, but I'm not holding my breath.
Zaid should be investigated, and the Deep State leaker should be investigated. It is likely that the alleged "whistleblower" broke the law by failing to disclose his contacts with Adam Schiff's staff.
Order In The Courts!
I was honored to join dozens of conservative leaders at the White House yesterday for a ceremony celebrating President Trump's record number of judicial appointments.
So far, the president has nominated and the Republican Senate has confirmed more than 150 judges, including two Supreme Court justices, in less than three years! And there will be more in the weeks and months ahead.
The president is ecstatic over these opportunities, and conservatives who care about the Constitution, the rule of law, religious liberty and the right to life should be grateful. When it comes to defending the values of faith, family and freedom, appointing the right judges is perhaps the most important thing any president can do.
But there is a long way to go. You can't undo eight years of Obama appointments in just three or four years. To fundamentally reform the federal courts and fully restore balance to the judiciary, President Trump needs a second term. And if he gets it, we have a tremendous opportunity.
Two of the Supreme Court's liberal justices are 81 and 86 years old. If President Trump gets four more years, we could have a 7-to-2 conservative majority!
Columnist Terry Jeffrey notes that we could be headed for a government shutdown due to the misplaced priorities of Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats. President Trump is asking Congress for $5 billion in border security funding. But House Democrats have approved only $1.3 billion.
And there's a huge catch: The funds are specifically designated for enhancing "the border security of nations adjacent to conflict areas including Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, and Tunisia resulting from actions of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria."
In other words, Democrats will spend your money to secure the borders of Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Tunisia, but not the borders of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.
Senate Republicans are offering the president the full $5 billion he requested to secure the southern border. Whether Pelosi and her squad of socialists are willing to compromise remains to be seen.