I'm not going to dwell on last night's big convention speeches. Kamala Harris and Barack Obama said what everyone expected them to say. Hillary Clinton is still litigating her 2016 defeat, and I think it is safe to say that she will never get over it. Ever. (By the way, why haven't Barack and Michelle donated to Joe's campaign yet?)
Far more interesting, however, is what you did not see, mainly because the media aren't showing it and they are refusing to talk about it, which should concern us all. And that is what is taking place during the convention's day time policy meetings. For example:
- The words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance were skipped in at least two DNC caucus meetings.
- During the Environment and Climate Crisis Council meeting, a delegate added a word to the pledge, saying, "with liberty and justice for all, someday." Because, of course, there is no liberty or justice in America today.
- Pastor Frederick Haynes III, a Louis Farrakhan supporter, condemned the border wall and warned voters, "Jesus will say, 'America, if you don't get your act together, you may well go to Hell!'" So we will go to Hell if we secure our borders, but we are heading to Heaven if we keep aborting hundreds of thousands of babies a year.
- During a meeting of the LGBTQ+ caucus, a transgender activist, who identifies as "they/them" and as a Mermaid queen-king, wondered why people just can't imagine a world without police and prisons. Clearly, this individual has no trouble imagining strange and impossible things.
It would be totally understandable if someone reading this insanity thought it was a hoax or that it came from a satire site. How I wish that were the case. But kudos to Tucker Carlson for documenting it. We can't say we weren't warned.
My friends, I must ask you right now to please chip in whatever you can -- $10, $25, $50, $100 or $1,000 -- to help us defeat the radical left!
You've probably seen video of the horrible attack that took place Sunday night in Portland. Adam Haner was viciously beaten when he attempted to help a woman who was being robbed. If you haven't seen the video, you should. And it should make you angry because this is the evil the left has unleashed.
Portland authorities are searching for Haner's attacker, Marquise Love. Not surprisingly, Love has been arrested multiple times for theft, criminal trespassing and domestic assault.
After assaulting Haner, Love posted on social media, "Might go to jail for murder tonight for a racist when all I did was fight him."
There was no fight. This was a brutal beating. Portland prosecutors should charge Love with attempted murder and hate crimes. But I'm not holding my breath.
The Left vs. Law & Order
Rudy Giuliani transformed New York City with a simple view of law enforcement known as "broken windows." It was a forerunner to the concept of community policing, and based on the theory that enforcing laws against minor crimes goes a long way toward restoring law and order by preventing even bigger crimes.
With that in mind, it's worth remembering some of the things that have been taking place in recent years.
- Before the virus hit, social media was filled with police officers being humiliated by mini-mobs, often getting doused with water and other liquids. New York politicians did nothing.
- "Fare avoidance" became a cause celebre among the left. Radical activists decided that the subway system should be free and started jumping turnstiles every day. Riots often erupted when the police attempted to intervene.
Was any of that Donald Trump's fault? And during the Obama years:
- There was surge in assassination attempts against police officers.
- Remember the knockout game? You're walking down a city street and a group of young people have a little bet going as to whether they can knock you out with one punch. People died in this "game." (Here and here.)
- Then there were flash mobs. Some were innocent with people emerging out of nowhere singing in a mall. Others were not so innocent. Dozens of people would pour into a store all at once, grabbing whatever they could and running off in all directions.
Donald Trump and Mike Pence were not in office then. The first man of color was president, we had two black attorneys general and the vice president during those years is supposedly going to save us now.
The left was in charge of everything, and yet we were already seeing nihilism on the streets and a war on cops.
Any American who thinks that the Biden/Harris ticket (really Harris/Biden) will stop all this chaos if we can just get Trump out of office hasn't been paying attention.
I am pleased to report that President Trump is cracking down on violent crime. Attorney General William Barr announced yesterday that Operation Legend has resulted in nearly 1,500 arrests and federal charges against 220 thugs.
"That's more than 90 suspected killers who might still be on the streets without Operation Legend," Barr said. "Our work is just getting started."
A lot has been written about November's obvious "what ifs." What if the Harris/Biden ticket wins? Well, taxes will go up. Healthcare will be socialized. Left-wing judges will take over the courts. Free speech, religious liberty and our Second Amendment rights will be under siege.
Here's something else that will happen: The anti-American 1619 Project will end up in every school in short order. It's already popping up in progressive districts now.
But I guarantee that a "woke" secretary of education will mandate it. Leftists in Congress will tie educational aid to the teaching of social justice courses. The attacks on our historical monuments will continue because, as Nancy Pelosi told us, "People will do what they do."
Kamala Harris and Joe Biden won't not condemn it. They haven't yet.
Trump Takes Action
President Trump announced late yesterday that the U.S. intends to reimpose "virtually all of the previously suspended United Nations sanctions on Iran."
President Trump blasted Barack Obama's disastrous nuclear deal with Iran, which gave the ayatollah hundreds of billions of dollars in sanctions relief and more than $1 billion in cash, which Iran used to fund "chaos and the bloodshed and the terror in the region."
Trump added, "My administration will not allow this Iran nuclear situation to go on. They will never have a nuclear weapon."
That is quite a contrast, my friends. The Harris/Biden ticket would end sanctions and put us back in the Iranian nuclear deal.
Speaking of Iran, the media went nuts several weeks ago over unconfirmed reports that Russia may have put bounties on American soldiers in Afghanistan. Well, there are new reports that Iran did pay the Taliban to kill our soldiers – the same Iranian regime that Obama rewarded in 2015 and that Harris/Biden want to reward in 2021.
The Trump Administration is also fighting Iran in another very important way: It is aggressively combatting the Islamic Republic's militant anti-Semitism, which I have made a special focus of my work on the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom.
A Mixed Report
Weekly unemployment claims offered a mixed report on the economy this morning. Sadly, first time unemployment claims bounced back above one million to 1.1 million.
That sound you hear is Harris and Biden applauding because their only hope in November is that America is in as much pain as possible.
On the plus side, continuing claims (people who have been receiving unemployment benefits for at least two weeks) fell, which suggests that people who became unemployed are finding work somewhere.
Fortunately, we are on the right road. The waning of the virus, along with the announcement of vaccines and other treatments in the months ahead, will cause the economy to take off like a rocket.
Donald Trump and Mike Pence have the economic policies that will keep our economy strong and growing. They proved that in their first three years.
Harris/Biden will raise taxes, reimpose regulations and take us back to the malaise days of the Obama era.