The Impeachment Sham
Senate Democrats are beginning another impeachment trial of President Trump this week. It is a complete waste of time. After 45 senators voted to declare the impeachment trial of a private citizen unconstitutional, the odds of conviction are virtually zero.
The purpose of this sham trial is simply to smear Donald Trump and make it impossible for him to run again. Democrats are hoping to demoralize millions of his 74 million supporters. The left has been involved in a non-stop effort that accelerated on January 6th to do exactly that.
Since President Trump has been silenced by our leftist social media giants, I want to speak out for him and point out that almost everything he is being accused of is not only untrue, but the left is itself guilty of those very charges. For example:
- Democrats are accusing Trump of inciting violence. He did not. He encouraged his supporters to march and protest peacefully.
- There has been plenty of violence over the last four years, and most of it came from the political left. The summer riots were stoked in part by the rhetoric of the left. Government buildings were attacked by leftists, and liberal politicians tried to stop Trump from sending federal law enforcement agents to protect them. Antifa was marching through Washington, D.C., this weekend threatening to "burn it down," even though Donald Trump is gone.
- When left-wing protesters tore down historical monuments, Speaker Pelosi shrugged and practically defended them, saying, "People will do what they do."
- The left accused Trump of promoting conspiracy theories. Well, the left promoted the debunked Russian collusion conspiracy theory for four years. They falsely accused Trump of using the Post Office to stop mail-in votes. They accused him of trying to reverse the results of the election. That's what the left has been doing ever since November of 2016!
- Unable to directly prove collusion, many on the left claimed that Russia interfered in the 2016 election in a meaningful way because they bought some ads on social media. But communist China actually did interfere in the 2020 election in a meaningful way. And when the intelligence community wanted to point it out, leftists entrenched in the Deep State blocked the report.
One final point. Democrats are claiming that under Donald Trump, America lost the moral high ground. To the contrary, Trump kept his promises and did exactly what he said he would do.
He took serious steps to secure the border. He moved the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. He crushed ISIS, and confronted communist China, Iran and Russia.
It is the left that is attempting to knock America off the moral high ground by claiming our country was founded on racism and genocide. Just last week, Joe Biden said that we have never lived up to our promise.
Speaking Of Collusion. . .
Late last week, Time published an extraordinary piece which outlines the massive collusion that took place among Big Media, Big Tech, Big Business, Big Labor and other left-wing groups to manipulate the election and take Trump down.
Even the author of the report concedes that it "sounds like a paranoid fever dream -- a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information."
The last part of that sentence says it all – change rules and laws, steer coverage and control information. That's exactly what the left did to interfere in the election.
As I have repeatedly noted, the left exploited the pandemic to change election rules and laws. At least now they admit it, even if they claim they were simply trying to "save the 2020 election."
Big Media and Big Tech manipulated the news and covered up major stories that were embarrassing to Biden and the left. And I was struck by the admission in this article of just how much the street protests we have seen in the past year were coordinated and not spontaneous events.
There were plans for major post-election protests, but liberal activists were ordered to "stand down." One progressive leader said, "We wanted to be mindful of when was the right time to call for moving masses of people into the street."
I am bringing this article to your attention not to demoralize you but to urge you to remain in the battle for faith, family and freedom. The left succeeds in part because it never gives up. It is constantly organizing, constantly fundraising, constantly influencing officials, constantly registering new voters, etc., etc.
We must be just as committed to our values as the left is to theirs.
Now for some good news.
Late Friday, the Supreme Court recognized that the First Amendment's guarantee of religious freedom still applies during the pandemic by overturning California's egregious ban on in-person worship.
Predictably, the court's three liberals sided with California's liberal governor and voted to continue the ban on religious services. The 6-to-3 decision, however, declared that Governor Gavin Newsom could not discriminate against houses of worship by holding them to different standards than businesses were being subjected to.
Thanks to the court's order, houses of worship may now hold in-person services up to 25% or 50% capacity, depending on conditions in various parts of the state. Writing for the majority, Justice Neil Gorsuch explained:
"We are not scientists, but neither may we abandon the field when government officials with experts in tow seek to infringe a constitutionally protected liberty. . . No one is barred from lingering in shopping malls, salons, or bus terminals. . . If Hollywood may host a studio audience or film a singing competition while not a single soul may enter California's churches, synagogues, and mosques, something has gone seriously awry."