As we noted yesterday, President Biden is in Europe for a series of high-level meetings involving key allies. At one of his first stops, Biden told U.S. troops that global warming was the greatest national security threat facing America today.
The American people don't believe that climate change is our biggest threat. When asked to consider a list of potential threats, Americans ranked global warming/climate change seventh out of eleven possible dangers.
Communist China, Russia and Iran certainly don't believe that global warming is the biggest threat they're facing. In fact, they break out the champagne and celebrate every time Biden says he's focused on climate change.
My friends, this is far worse than the left just not having its eye on the ball. The demands of the left to combat climate change will make it harder to defeat our enemies, most especially communist China.
There are a dozen things I could cite, but here's the most obvious issue: We have vast energy reserves -- at least 100 years of oil and natural gas. We are blessed to have it. Because of the polices Donald Trump instituted, we can meet all of our energy needs from within our own borders.
But the climate radicals want to abandon the blessing of these secure domestic energy sources and replace them with alternatives that are dominated by communist China -- the leading manufacturer of solar panels, wind turbines and rare earth minerals.
We are trading the energy that we have for sources that communist China controls. How does that make any sense?
At a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing yesterday, Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was asked about Biden's belief that climate change is our biggest threat. Gen. Milley answered:
"The president is looking at [potential threats] at a much broader angle than I am. I'm looking at it from a strictly military standpoint and, from a strictly military standpoint, I'm putting China and Russia up there."
Biden's Border Crisis
Joe Biden's border crisis is getting worse. The latest government data indicate that illegal border crossings set another record in May, after shattering the previous record in April.
As I have noted before, what happens at the border doesn't stay at the border. Illegal immigration has a multitude of negative impacts. Testifying on Capitol Hill yesterday, FBI Director Christopher Wray warned, "There's no question that the cartel activity on the other side of the border is spilling over in all sorts of ways."
I'm pleased to report that in the absence of any serious action by the Biden Administration, Texas Governor Greg Abbott is vowing that the Lone Star State will now begin construction of new border barriers.
Unfortunately, I fully expect left-wing radicals and the Biden Administration will do everything possible to thwart this vital infrastructure project. When they do, it will prove (if we needed any more proof) that the left is all in on the extreme open borders agenda.
The Squad vs. The Old Guard
"Blue On Blue" was a popular song from the 1960s. It's opening line, "Blue on blue, heartache on heartache" could easily describe the state of the "Blue Party" today.
Earlier this week, Rep. Ilhan Omar posted a tweet comparing the United States and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban. A dozen Jewish Democrats demanded Omar clarify her statement. Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat leadership team issued a separate statement denouncing Omar's "false equivalencies."
But the members of the far-left Squad rushed to defend Omar. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted that she was "Pretty sick & tired of the constant vilification, intentional mischaracterization, and public targeting" of Omar "coming from our caucus."
Rep. Rashida Tlaib tweeted, "[The] House Democratic leadership should be ashamed of its relentless, exclusive tone policing of Congresswomen of color."
Rep. Cori Bush added, "Enough with the anti-Blackness and Islamophobia."
What irony! The same rhetoric that Pelosi often uses to silence conservatives is now being used against her by the progressive wing of her own party!
It's not an accident that the issue causing such heartache for Democrats is Israel.
The left is able to gloss over a lot of things. But it can't gloss over the fact that old guard Democrats who support Israel are being defeated by progressives who hate Israel and can't keep quiet about it. It can't gloss over the rising anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism within the progressive movement.
If they tolerate the existence of the Jewish state at all, they demand that Jerusalem be divided and given over as the capital of a Palestinian state.
I am reminded of the verse in Zechariah: "On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against [Israel], I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves."
Meanwhile, I promise to continue standing with Israel and fighting the ancient evil of anti-Semitism.
A Massive Fraud
Cyberattacks aimed at stealing money from American corporations have made headlines in recent weeks. But the biggest loser could well be the American taxpayer.
During the pandemic, the government took extraordinary steps to provide urgently needed aid to millions of Americans who lost their jobs as a result of the unprecedented lockdowns. Everyone knew that there would be all kinds of fraud, and the government has been aggressively prosecuting it.
But it's far worse than anyone imagined.
Recent investigations indicate that as much as $400 billion of the COVID unemployment relief (that's your tax dollars!) was likely stolen by criminal gangs and ended up in the hands of our enemies in communist China and Russia.
This is a huge scandal that the Biden Administration must immediately address with Beijing and Moscow.
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed legislation aimed at combating communist China's influence. One new law increases penalties for corporate espionage, while a second law bans public institutions from partnering with communist Chinese Confucius Institutes.
- Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signed legislation banning critical race theory from Iowa's public schools.
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed legislation banning vaccine passports.
- The Supreme Court ruled 9-to-0 against a left-wing scheme to expand green card access to illegal aliens.
- A Virginia judge ordered the Loudoun County Public School district to reinstate Tanner Cross, an elementary teacher who was suspended after he publicly objected to the district's proposed transgender policy for children.
- Parents are suing the Loudoun County School district, arguing that critical race theory programs unconstitutionally discriminate on the basis of race and viewpoint.
- Conservative senators have introduced a resolution condemning critical race theory as a "prejudicial ideological tool" that should not be taught in our public schools.
- The Florida and Georgia Boards of Education approved resolutions banning critical race theory from their public schools.
- Conservative senators are demanding answers from Attorney General Merrick Garland regarding the unequal standards of justice applied to the 2020 Antifa/BLM rioters, many of whom had their charges dismissed, and the hundreds of people charged and still jailed while awaiting trial for their actions in the Capitol on January 6th.