What's Going On?
I generally don't believe in conspiracy theories. But all the contradictory messages coming out of Washington lately just don't add up.
Have you noticed that the Biden Administration and its media allies are going into panic mode again? There's talk of reinstating the mask mandate. Just a few weeks ago, they took credit for ending the mask mandate.
There's talk that schools may not be able to open with any degree of normalcy. Some people on Wall Street think we may soon see the president and surgeon general on TV declaring, "Just 15 days to flatten the curve." The last time we did that, 15 days turned into a year.
Meanwhile, they're trying to censor any dissent on social media. Something doesn't add up.
They're hinting you may have to close your school and business again, but they've opened our southern border. There's talk of lockdowns, while 6,000 people a day are pouring into the country across the border.
They want to knock on your door to make sure you're vaccinated, but the number of illegal immigrants with COVID has skyrocketed. There's talk of mandating vaccines for American citizens, but at least 30% of the illegal immigrants entering the country have refused to take the vaccine.
The Biden Administration says it's just trying to save lives. But it's aggressively pushing abortion on demand, which kills thousands of healthy unborn children every day.
It just doesn't add up.
I think the evidence is growing that we are being led by quasi-Marxists who intend to rule us, not govern us. They are intent on "fundamentally transforming" America by demographically transforming America through massive illegal immigration. They believe open borders and amnesty will guarantee their power forever.
The last time the American people were treated with such disrespect was in the late 1700s. Now we need a new revolution at the ballot box.
Stop Teaching Racism
I'm sure you've heard plenty of liberal pundits and politicians insist that critical race theory isn't being taught in the schools. They're lying to you. The big teachers' unions have endorsed it. And as we have pointed out this week, the Biden Education Department was caught red-handed pushing critical race theory in the schools.
But that's not the important point. The most critical issue is that too few Americans are sufficiently outraged by it.
My friends, this is not a mere policy dispute. This isn't a disagreement over what new textbook or learning standards should be used in schools.
This is a radical, anti-American Marxist ideology. Simply referring to it as "critical race theory" lends it some air of academic legitimacy. It's garbage. It's blatantly racist.
And that's exactly what every decent person should be saying!
The "Abolitionist Teaching Network," founded last year, isn't just some "advocacy group." That group and critical race theory are teaching children that all white Americans are oppressors and all minority children are oppressed.
Remember the "whiteness contract" in the children's picture book that was depicted as a devil? It couldn't be any clearer than that!
By all means, teach the history of slavery in America. Teach the history of Jim Crow in America, including its roots in the Democrat Party. Teach the history of the civil rights movement and the tremendous progress we have made.
But do not lie about America being "systemically racist." We aren't. It is a lie to say we are. Millions of people of color from all the over the world are not desperately rushing to come to a "systemically racist" country.
Do not humiliate white children by filling them with self-loathing as "oppressors." Do not humiliate black children as perpetual victims. There's no legitimate public policy reason to tolerate any of this.
The simple fact is that the Biden Administration is pushing racism, and the radical guide from the Abolitionist Teaching Network wasn't just an "error." If someone from the Department of Education sent out any curriculum or any guide that could in any way be interpreted as racist against blacks, they would be fired immediately. And rightly so.
Every Republican on Capitol Hill – EVERY SINGLE ONE – and every Republican state education official – EVERY SINGLE ONE – should be demanding the immediate resignation or firing of the officials who approved the Abolitionist Teaching Network guide. Anything less is insufficient to the fight we're in right now.
Confronting Communist China
There's been a lot of news about communist China lately, and none of it is good. For example:
- Two new reports expose the sheer horror of the regime's brutality. One report analyzed China's construction of concentration camps and concluded that more than 1 million people are being detained in the Xinjiang province at any given time. A second report looked at life in one of the larger camps, which survivors have described as "worse than hell." This is not a regime we can do business with.
- Proving the point, Kodak bowed to demands from the communist Chinese regime by removing an Instagram post that included images from Xinjiang. Just another example of American companies engaging in self-censorship and appeasement.
- Meanwhile, so-called "progressive organizations" here in the U.S. are telling the Biden Administration to overlook communist China's human rights abuses because "climate change" is more important to them.
- They have a powerful ally in Climate Czar John Kerry, who seems to think that cooperating with communist China on climate change is our most pressing issue.
- Beijing is also stepping up demands that companies doing business in China surrender their data to the communist government. (Here, here and here.) It wasn't that long ago when China denied such outrageous actions ever occurred, and companies insisted they would never comply. Well, now the regime is openly admitting it.
- As evidence mounts that COVID-19 likely originated in the Wuhan lab, the World Health Organization finally mustered the courage to suggest it was time to consider the possibility. Beijing said it was "extremely shocked" by the idea, and flatly rejected any serious international inspections of the lab.
- Twenty-six Republican state attorneys general and 25 Republican senators filed amicus briefs supporting the Second Amendment in a major case before the Supreme Court.
- In a win for local control and parental rights, the Russell County School Board voted unanimously to reject the state of Virginia's mandated transgender school policies and the teaching of critical race theory in classrooms.
- Parents in Fairfax County, Virginia, have collected enough signatures to force a recall election against one of three left-wing school board members.
- A vice president of the Virginia Parent Teacher Association, who literally wished death on those opposed to critical race theory, was forced to resign for her outrageous and offensive remarks.
- A federal judge in Texas declared the Obama-era DACA program unconstitutional. Biden had vowed to expand DACA, which protects young illegal aliens from immigration enforcement.
- A unanimous California appeals court struck down the state's obnoxious law against the misuse of pronouns.