March For Life
Today is one of the highlights of my year. It’s the annual March For Life. Hundreds of thousands of people have come to Washington, D.C., braving the winter weather to defend innocent preborn babies.
This annual event is unlike any other demonstration that takes place in Washington. Marches and protests happen here regularly. But the demonstrators are almost always seeking some action or policy that benefits them. And that’s totally fine in a free society.
But the March For Life is different. Today’s marchers are not asking for any monetary or policy benefit for themselves. Their bank accounts won’t get bigger if they’re successful.
They’re marching to give voice to the one group of Americans who literally have no voice -- our preborn babies. Whether one agrees with the marchers or not, and I strongly do agree, they should be admired for their selflessness. But the liberal media will mock and vilify them.
Yet every year since 1973, they have come to Washington around the anniversary of Roe v. Wade. For many, the annual March For Life was a solemn event, marking that tragic decision and the loss of so much human potential.
But after decades of hard work, prayers and persistence, Roe v. Wade is gone! Instead of mourning the somber milestone of Roe, we can celebrate the pro-life Dobbs decision, thanks to President Donald Trump’s appointment of three pro-life justices.
But with the abortion issue returned to the states, the battle for the sanctity of life is far from over. We must continue to fight the good fight for the hearts and minds of the American people, and that’s one battle I believe we will win. (See next item.)
A new Knights of Columbus/Marist poll finds that the vast majority of Americans reject the radical abortion on demand agenda of Joe Biden and the Democrat Party.
There is common ground to be found among the American people in support of commonsense limits on abortion. For example:
- 86% oppose “sex selection abortions” – aborting a baby just because it is a girl rather than a boy or vice versa.
- 83% support the pro-life work of pregnancy resource centers, yet the left violently attacks them.
- 67% oppose the use of taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions in foreign countries.
- 66% support conscience clause protections so that doctors and nurses with moral objections are not forced to perform abortions.
- 58% of Americans support pro-life limits protecting innocent babies from late-term abortions performed in the second and third trimesters. That figure includes 85% of Republicans, 60% of Independents and 37% of Democrats.
The poll also asked a very interesting question that is particularly relevant given the frantic efforts of the pro-abortion movement to put up radical ballot initiatives in various states that allow abortion on demand.
Voters were asked to choose between laws that had no limits at all or laws that limited abortions. By a 2-to-1 margin, 66% to 33%, voters said they would choose laws that limit abortion over laws that allow unlimited abortion on demand.
Clearly, we can defeat these radical pro-abortion ballot measures with the right messaging and necessary resources.
Sanctity Of Life Sunday
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan called on Americans to “give thanks for the gift of life, and to reaffirm our commitment to the dignity of every human being and the sanctity of each human life.” Many churches will do just that this Sunday.
Men and women of faith have been at the vanguard of the great social movements in our history – from the Abolitionist movement to end the evil of slavery to the Civil Rights movement to end segregation to the pro-life movement to end the scourge of abortion.
While some are distorting the scriptures to promote abortion, God’s word is clear. In Deuteronomy 30:19, He declared, “I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.”
I hope you will hear something from the pulpit this Sunday about the importance of the sanctity of life. If not, I hope you and others will ask your pastor why the subject didn’t come up.
If your pastor says he doesn’t address political issues from the pulpit, politely ask him if he would have refused to discuss slavery in the 1850s. And remind him that the sanctity of life isn’t a political issue – it’s a moral issue.
Please join Carol and me in prayer this Sunday that a renewed respect for the sanctity of life and the right to life will sweep across our nation.
Nadler Spills The Beans
Members of the House Judiciary Committee heard testimony last week about the severe impacts of illegal immigration on social services. At that hearing, Rep. Jerry Nadler, a senior House Democrat, openly embraced “the great replacement,” which the left insists is a conspiracy theory.
Just as Democrats defended slavery before the Civil War, Nadler insisted that we needed more illegal immigrants to work in the fields. Wow!
But he also attempted to justify Biden’s open borders by saying:
“The fact is, the birth rate in this country is way below replacement level, which means our population is going to start shrinking. The ratio of people on Social Security and Medicare is going to increase relative to the number of people supporting them.”
Yes, the left is all in on replacing the American population through abortion on demand and open borders.
As Speaker Mike Johnson told Joe Biden this week at the White House, the invasion taking place at the southern border is a crisis the left created. And it was done deliberately by the policies Biden put into place.
- The Biden administration has backed down from its outrageous attempt to cut off poor children at a Christian school from a federal food aid program. This was part of Biden’s effort to force radical transgender ideology in every and any way possible, even if it meant starving poor children. Thankfully, common sense prevailed – for now.
- The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals is allowing Alabama to enforce its law protecting children from mutilating surgeries and radical transgender experiments while legal challenges against the law proceed.
- A California middle school has been ordered to reinstate two teachers who were suspended for refusing to lie to parents about their child’s gender confusion.
- Florida is prohibiting state colleges from using taxpayer dollars to fund divisive “diversity, equity and inclusion” programs.
- A judge in Washington State rejected an effort to ban Donald Trump from the ballot based on erroneous 14th Amendment claims.