We have more indication today about just how clueless and careless the Biden/Harris Administration is. They used $200 million fighter jets and wasted $400,000 missiles to shoot down three objects that likely cost no more than $200.
The object shot down over Alaska was most likely a “pico balloon” that belonged to an amateur balloon club in northern Illinois. It’s possible that the other objects Biden blasted out of the sky were large balloons from used car lots.
There’s so much noise here, my friends, I want to make sure that you don’t miss the big picture. Here’s what we know for certain:
- The Biden Administration tracked a known Chinese communist spy balloon, the size of three school buses, from the moment it took off from a heavily fortified island off the coast of China.
- Joe Biden allowed it to violate U.S. sovereignty by flying over Alaska, through Canada and into Montana.
- Then, he allowed it to travel across the entire country, flying over multiple nuclear bases.
- They saw the terrible polling on how Americans perceived his handling of this crisis, so Biden told the Air Force to shoot down something, anything, to make him look tough.
So, once Biden realized the damage his passivity has caused, he became a “Wild West gunslinger,” shooting first and asking questions later!
I don’t care what his doctors say, this president and his inept administration are incapable of handling crises. In fact, they frequently cause them!
Biden & His Crises
From the southern border to Afghanistan, from East Palestine, Ohio, to the West Bank and a potential nuclear war over Ukraine, this administration is lurching from one crisis to the next. (We were warned.)
The only interest they have is whether they can exploit it by playing the race card or if the crisis provides a vehicle to take away your rights while expanding the power of the federal government.
That’s what the “climate crisis” is all about. It’s no accident that the leading proponents of the “Green New Deal” (here and here) are avowed socialists.
And it’s also why the left so desperately want to eliminate the Second Amendment and your ability to own a firearm.
Biden Doesn’t Get It
In his remarks to the nation yesterday, Biden made a number of disturbing statements regarding communist China. For example, Biden said:
“As I’ve said since the beginning of my administration, we seek competition, not conflict, with China. We’re not looking for a new Cold War. . . This episode underscores the importance of maintaining open lines of communication. . . Our diplomats will be engaging further, and I will remain in communication with President Xi.”
Later in his remarks, Biden said, “I expect to be speaking with President Xi, and we are going to get to the bottom of this.”
We’re in a Cold War with communist China, whether Biden realizes it or not. But the “Big Guy” seems to think that President Xi wakes up every day worried about whether Joe Biden still wants to be his friend and will talk to him.
This shows you that for Joe Biden it’s all about Joe Biden. He’s not deserving of the office he currently occupies.
President Xi couldn’t care less if he talks to Joe Biden!
I guarantee you Beijing’s Communist Party bosses are doing today what they never did when Donald Trump was in office -- laughing their heads off and thanking their lucky stars on the CCP flag that Joe Biden is the leader of the nation they would normally fear the most.
Remember the first meeting between President Trump and President Xi Jinping? It took place at Mar-a-Lago. While the two presidents were having dinner, they were occasionally interrupted by national security officials needing to speak with President Trump.
Finally, as they were having dessert, Trump leaned over to Xi and said, “Mr. President, let me explain something to you. . . we’ve just launched 59 missiles . . . heading toward Syria and I want you to know that.”
Trump ordered the strike against the Assad regime for gassing dozens of civilians, including many children. And in that moment, President Xi understood exactly who he was dealing with.
Donald Trump wisely used missiles to take out terrorist thugs, including Iran’s terror chief Qassim Soleimani. Joe Biden is absurdly using missiles to shoot down hobby balloons.
Speaking Of Absurd. . .
Karen Decker, Joe Biden’s top diplomat to Afghanistan, has been doing a lot of tweeting for Black History Month. On Abraham Lincoln’s birthday, she paraphrased Ilhan Omar with this gem:
“Abe Lincoln born today in 1809. He did some stuff. It’s also NAACP day, home of grassroots activism, inclusive communities and making sure Black voices are heard. What does that look like for Afghans struggling to be heard?”
Incredibly, she managed to top that with this nugget of wisdom:
“Are Afghans familiar with #BlackGirlMagic and the movement it inspired? Do Afghan girls need a similar movement? What about Afghan Women? . . . #BlackHistory Month @Beyonce @lizzo @ReginaKing.”
A serious nation once sent Marines to deal with Osama bin Laden and the Taliban, and help Afghan women “struggling to be heard.”
This administration shamefully surrendered to the Taliban and retreated from Afghanistan, sending another 13 brave Americans to their graves in the process.
Now we’ve completed the circle of incompetence and weakness with a diplomat who thinks the Taliban can be brought down by Lizzo!
This is why every dictator in the world is taking shots at the United States. An enemy in the Oval Office could not do more to weaken us than this president and his ridiculous clown cabinet.
Kudos To Vance!
Senator J. D. Vance may have just done more to help the people of East Palestine, Ohio, than any of Biden’s bureaucrats. He totally refuted everything they are saying about how safe the environment there is by simply running a stick along a creek bed.
You immediately realize why fish and animals are dying, and why people are struggling to breathe. It’s no coincidence that Vance’s video went viral yesterday and today the Biden Administration is suddenly rushing teams of experts to Ohio.
There are all kinds of reforms that should be made to make government more efficient and responsive. Here’s an idea that should be at the top of the list:
Whenever something major happens in an American community and people are scared about what could happen to them and their children, the person in charge of the responsible agency should be required to temporarily relocate to that devastated community.
We live in a high-tech age when remote work is possible. So, instead of telling people to just quiet down and be calm, these bureaucrats should be required to live in the same community, drink the same water and breathe the same air that they’re telling us is perfectly safe.
- An effort to repeal “ranked-choice voting” in Alaska has just been launched.
- Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey launched an investigation into transgender procedures being performed at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. Bailey’s investigation was triggered by shocking accusations from whistleblower Jamie Reed, who worked at the hospital.
- South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem signed legislation banning the use of mutilating surgeries and puberty blockers as “treatment” for children allegedly suffering from gender dysphoria.
- In a victory for the First Amendment and free speech, a federal court struck down a New York law that attempted to ban so-called “hate speech” on social media platforms.
- The Archdiocese of Portland has instructed all Catholic schools to reject so-called “gender identity theory” and respect biological truth.
- A good Samaritan, who walked three miles to work and back each day, was rewarded with a new car after she turned in $15,000 in cash that she found in a parking lot.