Biden’s Security Disaster
Yesterday, we learned that 21 year-old Massachusetts Air National Guardsman Jack Teixeira was arrested as the source of recent national security leaks in online gaming chat rooms.
He’s charged with unauthorized detention and transmission of national defense information and unauthorized removal of classified information and defense materials. If convicted on both charges he faces up to 15 years in prison.
The Biden Administration, which has been working furiously to censor free speech online, will no doubt exploit the leak as a reason to further crackdown and censor social media sites.
There are numerous conservative commentators who don’t feel like we’re getting the whole story. I’m one of them. So, I’m going to reserve judgment until we get more information.
Intelligence expert Kash Patel posted this:
“No way an air national guardsman in his 20s single-handedly had access to the classified intelligence of this nature and pulled off this disclosure alone... the bigger question is who in DOD gave him this access or gave him the docs in question. This is just the beginning of the Biden cover-up.”
Just as a reminder, when our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was attacked in 2012, resulting in the deaths of four Americans, the Obama/Biden Administration told us that the whole thing was caused by an anti-Islamic movie. They literally had the director arrested.
We later discovered that this explanation was a total lie. The deadly attack happened because of the ineptitude of the Obama/Biden Administration.
This is a good time to consider another U.S. national security disaster. Remember Bradley Manning?
As an open homosexual, Manning wouldn’t have been allowed into the military during most of our history. But Manning stole hundreds of thousands of classified documents and gave them to WikiLeaks, which seriously harmed the United States.
Manning was arrested, court-martialed and sentenced to 35 years in prison. While in jail, he transitioned to “Chelsea.” But the Obama/Biden Administration cared so much about national security -- NOT! -- that it pardoned him after just seven years.
So, forgive me if I don’t trust the Biden/Harris Administration to take national security more seriously than Obama/Biden did. (See next item.)
If Teixeria really is guilty, he might consider going trans to get leniency from this administration!
The Most Chilling Part
President Joe Biden downplayed the severity of these latest leaks, saying that nothing of “great consequence” was revealed. But Washington Post national security correspondent Josh Rogin suggests otherwise.
Rogin cites a February report by the Joint Chiefs of Staff intelligence directorate noting that communist China had recently tested a new intermediate-range hypersonic ballistic missile. According to the report, the new missile can:
“Strike any target in East or Southeast Asia and large parts of the Pacific, including Guam. In addition. . . it can be maneuvered to evade American and allied missile defenses.”
If the report is accurate, communist China is making massive improvements in its ability to strike U.S. forces thousands of miles away, and could make any intervention in defense of Taiwan “more difficult and costly.”
In many ways, this is a far more serious issue than the leak itself.
Biden’s Latest Betrayal
When Democrats last commanded large majorities in Congress, they pushed relentlessly to pass for some form of socialized medicine, and we ended up with Obamacare. A key stumbling block for the left was whether your tax dollars would subsidize healthcare for illegal aliens.
Realizing the issue had the potential to scuttle the whole effort, President Barack Obama promised that this new healthcare scheme would not include illegal aliens.
Joe Biden broke that promise this week when he announced that his administration would allow some illegal aliens to qualify for taxpayer-funded healthcare subsidies.
Just one more leftist “magnet” for illegal immigration and one more example of Joe Biden putting America last.
- Tens of thousands of babies have been saved by pro-life state laws.
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed legislation protecting pre-born babies from abortion.
- Idaho Gov. Brad Little signed legislation protecting children from mutilating transgender surgeries.
- Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb signed legislation protecting children from mutilating transgender surgeries.
- Kansas enacted legislation banning boys who claim to be girls from girls’ sports. The bill only became law after conservative legislators overrode the veto of the state’s liberal governor.
- North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum signed legislation protecting girls’ sports from boys who claim to be girls.
- Pro-parent, pro-transparency school board candidates won important victories in Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Louisiana State Representative Jeremy LaCombe became the third elected Democrat in a month to switch parties and join the GOP.
- More liberals (here and here) are growing increasingly frustrated and fed up with the radical left’s rejection of reality and common sense. Let’s hope and pray it’s the start of something much bigger!
- Elon Musk weighed in on the transgender debate today, tweeting this: “Any parent or doctor who sterilizes a child before they are a consenting adult should go to prison for life.”