Planned Parenthood Busted Again
Planned Parenthood is involved in yet another scandal. More than three dozen affiliates of the abortion business applied for and received a total of $80 million in loans from the Paycheck Protection Program.
That program, as you know, was meant to help small businesses, defined as companies with fewer than 500 employees. Planned Parenthood's national office alone has 600 employees. Planned Parenthood argues that its local abortion mills are independent, each a small business dedicated to killing small people.
As you can imagine, officials at the highest levels of the Trump Administration are furious. They are demanding that the funds -- your tax dollars -- be returned immediately. (By the way, the Trump Administration is fighting the World Health Organization's promotion of abortion too.)
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) is calling for an investigation of Planned Parenthood. In a statement, Sen. Rubio said the law was clear that an organization with "half a billion dollars in assets is not eligible." Rubio added that if anyone at Planned Parenthood or the Small Business Administration broke the law, "all appropriate legal options should be pursued."
Major corporations have been shamed into giving this money back. I would argue that these Planned Parenthood loans are even more shameful.
These loans were meant to help businesses survive while we battled a death-dealing virus. But there's no shaming Planned Parenthood. They got in line to take your money so they could continue their death-dealing business.
Covid-19 has killed relatively few people under the age of 16. But Planned Parenthood specializes in killing only babies in the first months of their existence.
Watch now as the left, Hollywood celebrities and the media circle the wagons to defend Planned Parenthood. These so-called "progressives" are insisting that you must lose your business, give up your job, and shut down your church in order to save American lives.
But you must accept it when money goes to a big business that takes innocent lives because the left doesn't want the abortion industry's profits to fall, it doesn't want the abortion industry to shut down.
There should be demonstrations outside of every one of these 37 facilities this morning. But if there were, left-wing governors that have shut down your jobs would send police to arrest the demonstrators and silence those upset about Planned Parenthood being open.
While the media continued to obsess over how the president is protecting himself from the coronavirus, President Trump was focused on attacking the virus and helping the American people. Here are a few actions the president has taken that you probably will not hear about from the mainstream media.
- Yesterday, the president announced a $19 billion program to help farmers and ranchers who have been devastated by the pandemic. Trump noted that roughly 40% of America's fresh vegetables and beef are used by restaurants and other commercial establishments, which have largely shut down or dramatically cut back their orders.
- In addition, Ivanka Trump is spearheading an effort to direct tons of fresh food that is hung up in the supply chain to local foodbanks and charities.
- The president also announced a major contract to a Virginia-based company to supply key ingredients used in mass manufacturing of generic drugs and medicines. These were the ingredients that the Chinese dumped on the U.S. market to drive our companies out of business. Trump is taking aggressive action to end our dependence on communist China.
- The Trump Justice Department warned California Governor Gavin Newsom that he cannot discriminate against churches and other houses of worship in his reopening plans. The department flatly told Newsom, "There is no pandemic exception to the Constitution and its Bill of Rights."
- Last but certainly not least, President Trump signed an executive order yesterday aimed at jumpstarting the economy with a massive regulatory rollback. He directed the federal government to identify and suspend any regulations that "may inhibit economic recovery."
As Acting Budget Director Russ Vought put it: "Typically when our country has faced a crisis, Washington responds by grabbing more power. President Trump understands that to get the economy moving, the power needs to be given back to the people and entrepreneurs."
Obama National Security Advisor Susan Rice has been in the news lately for the infamous January 5th White House meeting and the bizarre memo she wrote to herself two weeks later about that meeting.
It was at that meeting when Obama, Biden, Rice, Comey and others plotted their strategy to frame General Flynn and inform President-elect Trump about the existence of the infamous Steele dossier. (Here, here and here.)
There are also reports that Rice is on Joe Biden's short list to be his running mate, meaning she could be a future vice president and even president. With that in mind, what do we know about Susan Rice? Well, she's perhaps best known for her struggles with the truth.
- It was Susan Rice who went on national television and repeatedly lied to the country about the Benghazi raid.
- She got Four Pinocchios from the Washington Post for lying about the Obama Administration's record on Syria's chemical weapons.
- She lied about efforts to mislead the American public about Obama's nuclear deal with Iran.
- And she lied about the abhorrent spying on the Trump campaign.
In an April 2017 interview with PBS, host Judy Woodruff asked Rice a very direct question about breaking revelations from Rep. Devin Nunes, then chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, about possible wiretaps of the Trump campaign.
Woodruff asked, "Do you know anything about this?" Rice calmly responded, "I know nothing about this."
Well, as we know, Rice was intimately involved. Just three months prior to this interview, she was discussing the spying on Trump officials at a White House meeting with President Obama, Vice President Biden, FBI Director Comey and others. And she later wrote a memo about it, alleging that all the spying was done "by the book."
A Partisan Pandemic?
CNBC released a poll today regarding how Americans view the pandemic and the possibility of a "second wave" reemerging in the fall. Sadly, it is another confirmation of just how bitterly divided we are. On virtually every question there was an extraordinary gap between the left and the right.
I assume there will be a return of the virus later this year. That's what viruses do.
If there is a "second wave," the stage is being set to blame it on Trump and conservatives. But if a "second wave" does not emerge, then credit will be given to the progressive left and the media that forced us to shut our businesses and lose our jobs. No matter what happens, we get the blame and they get the credit.
That will be the instinctive impulse of the left, and the natural narrative of the media. But I repeat myself. That's just the world we live in.